About Digital Odyssey
Digital Odyssey is a world-class creative, performance-based digital marketing agency and web design studio with expertise across francophone and anglophone Africa. We specialise in branding, media, traditional and online marketing using a variety of channels to create the best marketing mix for our clients. We help businesses to establish or grow their presence on and offline via brand exposure, world-class websites, qualified leads, and revenue growth. Our multi-channel digital marketing services are comprehensive, complete and overarch an entire brand and marketing programme.
About the Role
We’re currently on the lookout for a world-class copywriter to help us write content for websites, blogs, articles and digital marketing campaigns
We are currently on the lookout for a world-class Social Media Consultant who will be involved in planning, production, execution and implementation of all media outreach initiatives including but not limited to websites, graphic materials, and social media platforms to reach and engage its target audience. The Consultant will be in charge of developing and executing short- and long-term digital communications plans.
Collaborating with colleagues to develop creative and engaging social media and digital content
Planning and executing advertising campaigns and other initiatives (??); Develop and execute communications projects including surveys, graphics, photo essays, and blog posts
Manage social media channels, including monitoring own and other accounts to spark and encourage community and conversation and respond to questions and comments from the public
Coordinate content of Agency’s or client’s (??) Twitter account; Coordinate with PR team to select and feature relevant news articles about the agency’s work (?)
Plan and execute paid digital and social media campaigns; Plan and execute strategy to promote live public events on website and social media; Plan and execute social media influencer outreach strategies
Manage social media metrics reports and track web properties growth; Coordinate with the Director of Public Relations, the Web Content Manager, and other PR staff to identify, research, and develop proposals for incorporating emergent digital tools into the Agency’s/Client (??) NYC Votes digital communications plans.
- Languages: Native level of English (must) and French (nice to have)
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with digital engagement and marketing tools.
- Experience with multiplatform digital content creation.
- Ability to translate complex material into accessible digital communications; creativity and ability to conceptualize
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships from scratch
- Project management skills; attention to detail, ability to work independently and within a team.
- Working knowledge of photography and visual design (??); working knowledge with video production and editing (??)
- Working knowledge of HTML and Content Management Systems; working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other design tools.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working digital communications content development or social media community management work related to the duties described above
- At least two years of experience in digital In-depth knowledge of social media platforms
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders and multiple projects at any one time.
- Experience working with external vendors/agencies.
In your proposal, please share a brief summary of your experience and tell us about your most successful project to date.